We Remain Open For Business
As an essential service, Akins Plumbing will remain open for business.
At Akins Plumbing, the health and safety of both our customers and our team is our number one priority.
Given the unprecedented situation with COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we’ve adopted additional precautions to protect everyone.
Our team have been formally briefed on all the relevant information and procedures to follow, taking advice from the Department of Health.
As a Master Plumbers’ Association of Queensland member, please be assured that we are following Work Health and Safety Workplace Risk Management guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus.
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE AT RISK OF TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.
We ask that any customers that have been required to self-quarantine or have experienced any of the following situations should inform us immediately. If you:
• Have experienced recent illness with symptoms related to COVID-19;
• Have returned from an overseas trip in the last 14 days;
• Have been in contact with anyone that has experienced either of the above situations; and/or • Have been instructed to self-quarantine from an official Government agency.
If you have any of these symptoms or fall into any of the above categories, we would be happy to reschedule another time to undertake the work required. If the work is an emergency, please inform us and we will be in contact to discuss further arrangements.
BEFORE ARRIVING ON SITE
Before our team arrives on site, please undertake the following steps to ensure the safety of you and our staff members.
• Clean the area with antibacterial products where our staff will be undertaking work.
• Ensure you are undertaking simple hygiene practices similar to those used to protect against the flu such as washing your hands frequently with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and hope to ensure we complete the work required as safely and efficiently as possible.
OUR PREVENTION MEASURES
We have the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and antibacterial supplies necessary to complete the work and can assure you that we have taken every precaution possible to help prevent the spread of the virus.
These measures include:
- Asking all our workers to self-quarantine should they become ill or potentially have been exposed to the virus.
- Enforcing Government sanctioned restrictions on any staff who have returned from overseas travel.
- Implementing additional hygiene practices and cleaning routines, including wiping down
equipment and surfaces worked upon with antibacterial supplies.
- Requesting that all workers do not make physical contact with customers.
- Maintaining a 1.5 metre distance from customers where possible.